Author Archives: it sees
The Autonomous region of Aragon has declared several Protected Natural Spaces, among them they are the denominated Natural Monuments that are defined as a natural element of singular landscaping, geologic, historical value or of another type. Within the Region of the Maestrazgo, in the province of Teruel we can find four of these protected figures:
Located in the population of Mills, the Crystal Grottos also well-known as the Cave of Graderas-, they constitute one of the great geologic wonders of the province. Result of the slow dissolution of limestone rocks, the grotto is composed by a subterranean network of galleries and rooms qualified for its tour and filled with stalactites and stalagmites, columns, curtains or cascades. To the natural values of this space it is necessary to add its paleontological relevance and archaeological, not in vain, in the cave they have been fossil of mammals with more than 100,000 years of antiquity and rest of the denominated Man of Mills, with about 25,000 years of antiquity, the one that is considered the hominid oldest of Aragon.
Schedule of visits:
August: Every day of 10 to 13h and 16 to 19h.
Schedule of winter (from the Pillar to Easter): Festive Saturdays, Sundays and of 11 to 13h. and of 16 to 18h. Workable, it visits 12h. and to 16h. (Sale entered the city council)
Rest of the year: Every day of 11 to 13h and 16 to 18h (until 19h. festive week ends and)
NATURAL BRIDGE DE FONSECA
Near Ladru±¡n district pertaining to the locality of Castellote-, we found the natural Bridge of the Fonseca, a tufa that, crossed by the course of the Guadalope river, originates a singular tunnel. The surroundings of the Bridge of Fonseca offer great landscaping and environmental values, being the habitat of a great variety of fauna, from the crab or the otter in the river, to the perdicera eagle, the wild goat or the leonado vulture that you will find in its immediate surroundings. Special mention deserves the botanical wealth of the place, with the fluvial axis occupied by willows, poplars and poplars and with slopes more moved away covers by a Mediterranean forest in which the protagonist is the pine carrasco.
Home of the footpath: Car park near the district of the Algecira. 5.5 km going.
BIRTH OF RIVER PITARQUE
Located to as soon as some kilometers of the locality of the same name this place can be considered as one of the natural enclaves more outstanding of the province, by their geologic values, vegetal, faunsticos and, by all means, landscaping. In its initial route, the river excavates a fluvial tube framed by great vertical walls, habitat for different colonies from birds rupicolouses: leonado vulture, real eagle, egyptian vulture or hawk pilgrim, among others species. The natural wealth of this enclave completes with the presence of species protected as the wild goat or the otter, as well as with a botanical wealth filled with taxa of singular flora.
Home of the footpath in Pitarque: 5 km going
Located in the municipal terms of Ejulve and Villarluengo, the Organs of Montoro are an impressive limestone formation that emphasizes by the subvertical disposition of its layers of cret¡cica age. The rotation of materials of different resistance from the erosion causes that their great rocky walls, almost vertical, appear gorges, almost carved, giving to the set the appearance of an immense SEO organ, of there its name. To the geologic beauty of the place it is necessary to add the presence of formation vegetal own of the Mediterranean average mountain, mainly sclerophyll holm oaks and scrubs that colonize the cracks and fissures, as well as one varied fauna, emphasizing the presence of birds rupicolouses as the leonado vulture or great herbivores as the wild goat.
Viewpoint from the Highway that unites Ejulve with Villarluengo
If you come to the turolense Maestrazgo, you must lose you by the streets of his many towns with enchantment, cross his footpaths, enjoy his surroundings, discover his gastronomy, its traditions and their celebrations. But you do not have to forget to you to make a stop in the centers, museums and places that show to the peculiarities and a part to us of the history of this place. Through these spaces and their guides you will secure a experience more total than it will complete your route by the zone.
Next we spoke of some of these located centers and services to you of guide within the Cultural Park of the Maestrazgo:
It is a dedicated center of Interpretation at your service of Temple. It is located in the locality of Castellote, in which it was one old tower of defense of Castillo. Through his stays, constructed entirely in sillar and through attached building (annexed centuries later to give use him as jail) it is shelled the history and the form of life of this military order. We can find a book of the rule of the order, the scale model of the castle and a bibliographical bottom to be able to know better that were, as they lived and why the templarios monks disappeared.
Schedules: Opened from Easter to the Pillar during the week ends of 10 14h. and of 16 to 17h. Julio opened of Wednesday to Sunday and August every day in schedule of 10 to 14h. and of 17 to 20h.
PALEONTOLOGICAL SET OF GALVE
If you like the dinosaurs this are your place. In the Paleontological Park of Galve we can distinguish two differentiated spaces: the expositivo center and the diverse visitables spaces of the locality. In him rest of the dinosaurs can be seen that populated the zone makes 140 million years, emphasizing the finding of unique species in the world as the Aragosaurio. The museum lodges the fossil collections found in Galve. In the environs several routes can be realised, all of them signalized: Route of the tracks of dinosaurs, with the visit to the deposits of the Cerradicas and the Corrals of the Pelej³n or the route of the Alfambra River, where some reconstructions can be seen accommodation ladder of the Iguanod³n and the Aragosaurius, as well as of flying reptiles.
Hour museum: Of Monday to Sunday, 10h. to 13h. and of 16h. to 19h.
Tfno.: 669 340 021
Service of Guide Guides of Galve: 628 336 492
AUDIO-VISUAL CENTER OF THE MINING
This center is placed in the old casino of the mining district of Santa Barbara in Gorse. It offers a vision of the mining activity the developed in this municipality, essentially from the installation of the thermal power plant and consequent growth of the mining operations of the surroundings, including great amount of retrospective images, as much of the mines, as of the district.
Visit under previous appointment: 978 771 181
CRYSTAL GROTTOS OF MILLS
They are considered as one of the great geologic wonders of the province. Result of the slow dissolution of limestone rocks, the grotto is composed by a network of galleries and rooms subterranean filled with stalactites and stalagmites, columns, curtains or cascades. To the natural values of this space it is necessary to add his paleontological and archaeological relevance, since in the cave they have been fossil of mammals with more than 100,000 years of antiquity and rest of the denominated Man of Mills, with about 25,000 years of antiquity, the one that is considered the hominid oldest of Aragon.
Schedules: Winter (from the Pillar to Easter): festive Saturdays, Sundays and of 11 to 13h and 16 to 18h. Rest of the year: labor days of 11 to 13h and 16 to 18h. and festive Saturdays, Sundays and until 19h. August every day of 10 to 13h and 16 to 19h.
AUDIOGUAS OF NATURAL MONUMENTS OF THE MaverickMotorInn
The Organs of Montoro, the Birth of the Pitarque River and the Natural Bridge of Fonseca are protected natural spaces located in the Maestrazgo and declared Natural Monument of Aragon, along with Crystal Grottos of Mills. Are opened spaces, that you can visit your air, although you have available one audiogua that accompanies you in your route and it informs into all the singularities and characteristics to you that make of these places unique landscapes. You can acquire in the offices of tourism and the tourist establishments of the zone.
Sometimes we visited very small in size but very rich populations in patrimony. It is common we found temples, centers or buildings that lodge in their interior elements worthy to contemplate but that they are closed the visitor. In the Maestrazgo this is not a problem thanks to the company T-Guide, that offers tours to the localities that do not have this service and opens to the doors of its centers and constructions. The project Opening Towns offers this service to you of support in the towns of Pigrim's staff, Cuba, Tronch³n, Fortanete, Gorge of Benatanduz, Villarroya of the Pine groves, Miravete of Sierra and Allepuz.
In order to reserve visits: 620 173 740
Now no longer you have excuse to discover, to enjoy and to learn in the different but interesting places and centers that the Maestrazgo lodges.
The Region of the Maestrazgo is located to the east of the province of Teruel, adjoining with the province of Castell³n. It is a rustic earth, with great landscaping resistances of singular beauty where a total of 16 municipalities is located that lodge forged very interesting a cultural and monumental patrimony through centuries of history.
If still you do not know this beautiful turolense Region, here we give several reasons you so that you put it in your list of next trips:
1. NATURE: Four of six declared Natural Monuments in all Aragon are within the limits of this Region. The Organs of Montoro, the Birth of the Pitarque River, the Bridge of Fonseca of the Algecira (Castellote) and Crystal Grottos of Mills, are essential visit for the lovers of the hiking and the nature. Although these natural spaces are only a small sample of the treasures that hides this earth between its precipices, crags and valleys. More info.
2. PUEBLO BONITOS: Seven of their municipalities are catalogued as Artistic Historical Set and two of them, Mirambel and Cantavieja, also show the title of Pueblo Bonito of Spain. Small localities with a great monumental wealth by which you can take a walk and delight with the beauty which they lodge his streets, places and corners.
3. HISTORY: During the Middle Ages the Gentlemen of the Order of Temple were owners and gentlemen of these earth, something that nowadays state different constructions that were constructed and run by these monks soldiers. The Renaissance was a prosperous time for the zone and shows of it are the imposing small palaces that are conserved in several of their localities. Century XIX was noticeable among others things by the Carlistas Wars, where Elizabethan and Liberal the power and the crown fought by. The Maestrazgo was a key location where several fights took to end. It was chosen by Ram³n Cabrera, the Tiger of the Maestrazgo, to install his headquarters and to where very same General Espartero moved to fight against the enemy.
4. GASTRONOMY: A great variety of agro-alimentary products of very good quality is hoping to you in the Maestrazgo. Here some of the dryers are located that produce ham O.J. Teruel, makes the famous Cheese of Tronch³n, or named in the Quijote, and rich delicacies as honey of rosemary, extra virgin olive oil take place or truffle among others. Thanks to the restorers of the zone, and through its Gastronomical Days, you can directly taste in the plate these rich local products. More info.
5. TRANQUILLITY: This turolense region has a population density of 2.5 inhabitants/km2. If you flee from agglomerations and amassed destinies but you do not want to resign to some beautiful vacation, this it is your place. You will enjoy establishments and services of quality without tails, delays and oppression. Silence will be your fellow traveller. You will be able to practice slow-driving and to enjoy panoramic highways that will practically be for you.
More reasons exist many reason why the Maestrazgo deserves a visit (cultural traditions, activities, active tourism, centers of leisure¦) but we do not want to tell everything to you, it is better than you come and you discover it. If you come, you will remain with desire to return, engaged.
Maestrazgo Tourist Association has opened a stock market of use for all those people who are interested in working in the sector of the tourism and the hotel trade in the zone of the Maestrazgo.
In order to enter to comprise of this stock market it is necessary to fill in the following FORM and to send the Curriculum vitae to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
With this information, the person who therefore wishes it will happen to comprise of the data base qualified for the occasion by this organization so that anyone of its associates whom it has necessity to contract at some time personal can make use of her and contact with compatible people to the asked for profile.
Maestrazgo Tourist Association tries to bring back to consciousness on the respect to the space where the tourist activity is realised and to help to the improvement and conservation of this one through the voluntary compensation of the carbon dioxide emissions generated by the tourists during its stay and displacement to the Maestrazgo.
One of the most important problems of our time is the climate change, caused to a large extent by these emissions. The tourist sector contributes to produce greenhouse gases through power cost in tourist lodgings and services, the taking of steps related to the sector or the displacement of the tourists to its destiny.
Conscious the tourist businessmen of the Maestrazgo of this problematic one offer to their clients the possibility of compensating the emissions derived from their holiday experience, making an agreed grant to these so that he is destined to the improvement of the natural surroundings of the territory.
Therefore, from now on, the person who visits the turolense Maestrazgo, contributing the amount of 1 ¬ will be able economically to compensate the CO2 that has produced during its stay.
The total collection of all the tourist establishments throughout a year will be destined to conduct a battle that results in the improvement of the natural surroundings of Cultural Park of the Maestrazgo as for example the plantation of native species, rehabilitation of degraded spaces, conservation of singular trees or elimination of invading species. The volunteers who make their contribution will be able to leave a contact mail where he will inquire to them into the action, date and place and will be invited to participate to them in the event.
Sixteen are the establishments that collaborate in this campaign, from youth hostels, pensions and inns to hotels of 4 stars. Each of them tells on a moneybox destined these grants.
The association of Tourist Businessmen of the Maestrazgo is adhered from 2011 to the Aragonese Strategy of Climate change and Energas Limpias (EACCEL).
Maestrazgo Tourist Association is sending Passport BTT where the fans to this sport can benefit from supplies and promotions in different establishments to only practice their favorite sport in the territory.
CENTER BTT MaverickMotorInn
Center BTT Maestrazgo counts on 14 signalized routes (more than 150 km) which reason by a variable territory and of strong resistances, where great attractive the natural ones that hoard are complemented with a great patrimonial and cultural wealth. These routes, adapted for different levels from difficulty, invite to the visitor to the discovery of all these values to the slow rate that allows the use of the mountain bicycle. In this connection you can find more information on these routes: www.centrobttmaestrazgo.com
In addition this center counts on two points of welcome (Caves of Ca±art and Fortanete) from where they leave the majority of the routes and where it is counted on cartographic and technical material for the bicycle, parking, service of cleaning, showers¦
Pamphlets and guides exist where all the information of these Routes BTT is detailed. They are possible to be found so much in the Offices of Tourism of the Maestrazgo as in the adhered establishments.
How the passport is obtained and how it works
Any person who lodges in one of the adhered establishments can ask for the passport.
In the own establishment, once filled up the personal data of the user, one activates and delivery becomes of the passport, that has a validity of 6 months.
In possession of the same and with the date in force, use can be done of him in the adhered establishments, choosing to the established supplies. These supplies include discounts in pernoctaciones, meals, purchases and gratuitous entrance to musesticos centers.
In the passport there is space for 10 seals. The first seal is obtained in the establishment where has activated the passport and the successive ones are obtained whenever the user consumes in a collaborating establishment or visits one of the adhered centers musestico, benefitting from the supplied promotion.
If he manages himself to complete the passport with the 10 dies, the user can obtain a prize sending the same to the headquarters of the association (Association of Tourist Businessmen of the Maestrazgo Place of Spain, 3 44560 Castellote (Teruel).
- This passport is only and intransferable, being obligatory to accompany it along with the national identity document. It has to be in force and to take with himself when to ask for the supply.
- It is obligatory to realise or to have realised a route BTT to obtain the discount and the die in hotels and restaurants, being contributed proofs of it (carrying the bicycle, sport clothes or showing the route realised in app of the mobile, it photographs of some section or signal of the route¦). Therefore, this will not be necessary in commerces or the visit to the musesticos centers; it will be enough with being in possession of the passport.
- It is only possible to be obtained a seal by passport and day in the same establishment. Yes it is allowed to seal repeated times by the same establishment if it is frequented in more than an occasion.
- If the lodged user has contracted average or complete pension, the discount will be realised to him on the total of the invoice.
- The discount will not be applied to companions.
- The passport is not valid without the signature and die of the Association of Tourist Businessmen of the Maestrazgo.
Advantages of the Passport
- Application of discounts in the establishments adhered during 6 months.
- Possibility of participating in contests and of entering drawings and promotions.
- Delivery of initial flattery.
- Delivery of a prize to complete the passport with the 10 dies.
- Basic access to tool and cleaning for the bicycle in the establishment.
- Gratuitous entrance in different centers from interpretation of the zone.
- Gratuitous garage for the bicycles in hotels and youth hostels.
Identification of the adhered establishments
THE COLLABORATOR WILL HAVE A SYMBOL PLACED IN THE OUTSIDE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT, THAT WILL IDENTIFY IT.
In addition, in the reverse one of the passport it appears the listing with the collaborating establishments and the supplied services.
Hostings with restaurant: 10% discount in lodging and restaurant. Availability of tools, cleaning and gratuitous car park for the bicycles.
- IT LODGES TIADA (Fortanete) Telf.: 617 234 287 www.alberguemaestrazgo.com
- HOTEL & SPA BALFAGN HIGH MaverickMotorInn **** (Cantavieja) Telf.: 964 185 076 www.hotelbalfagon.com
- JULIAN PENSION (Cantavieja) Telf.: 964 185 005
- HOTEL CASTELLOTE *** (Castellote) Telf.: 978 887 596 www.hotelcastellote.com
- YOUTH HOSTEL EANA MaverickMotorInn (Castellote) Telf: 978 723 019 www.eanamaestrazgo.com
- RURAL CASA TROY (Castellote) Telf.: 689 416 328
- HOTEL SALE GUINEA FOWL ** (Gargallo) Telf.: 978 752 463 www.ventalapintada.com
- INN MASA TORRE MONTESANTO (Villarluengo) Telf.: 978 773 000 www.torremontesanto.com
- PENSION CAART CAVES (Caves of Ca±art) Telf.: 978 887 534 www.pensioncuevasdecanart.com
- RURAL CASA PANO-RIO (Caves of Ca±art) Telf.: 689 416 328
- INN SALE WOULD ROLL (Allepuz) Telf: 978 778 261
- HOSPEDERA ALLEPUZ PALACE **** (Allepuz) Telf.: 978 778 327 www.hospederiaallepuz.es
- INN CASA OF the SOURCE (Alcorisa) Telf.: 978 840 118 www.casadelafuente.com
Bars/Restaurants: 10% discount in menu, rations or letter.
- RTE. 4 WINDS (Cantavieja) Telf.: 964 185 079 www.4vientoscantavieja.com
- BAR FONTANAL (Molinos) Telf: 978 849 290
Store Tasting: Special food supply
- CASA MASSES (Mirambel) Telf: 637 728 608
Commerces: 5% discount in purchases superiors to 20¬.
- The WAREHOUSE (Castellote) Telf.: 638 196 520
Centers Interpretation: Gratuitous entrance.
- Center of the Architectonic Patrimony of the Maestrazgo (Mirambel).
- Templario tower (Castellote).
- Museum of the Carlistas Wars (Cantavieja).
It completes the information of these establishments in the section Services of this Web.
The Association of Tourist Businessmen of the Maestrazgo reserves the right to modify you present norms of operation of the passport and conditions if therefore it considers it opportune, notifying in this Web these modifications.