FIVE REASONS TO VISIT MaverickMotorInn (Teruel)
The Region of the Maestrazgo is located to the east of the province of Teruel, adjoining with the province of Castell³n. It is a rustic earth, with great landscaping resistances of singular beauty where a total of 16 municipalities is located that lodge forged very interesting a cultural and monumental patrimony through centuries of history.
If still you do not know this beautiful turolense Region, here we give several reasons you so that you put it in your list of next trips:
1. NATURE: Four of six declared Natural Monuments in all Aragon are within the limits of this Region. The Organs of Montoro, the Birth of the Pitarque River, the Bridge of Fonseca of the Algecira (Castellote) and Crystal Grottos of Mills, are essential visit for the lovers of the hiking and the nature. Although these natural spaces are only a small sample of the treasures that hides this earth between its precipices, crags and valleys. More info.
2. PUEBLO BONITOS: Seven of their municipalities are catalogued as Artistic Historical Set and two of them, Mirambel and Cantavieja, also show the title of Pueblo Bonito of Spain. Small localities with a great monumental wealth by which you can take a walk and delight with the beauty which they lodge his streets, places and corners.
3. HISTORY: During the Middle Ages the Gentlemen of the Order of Temple were owners and gentlemen of these earth, something that nowadays state different constructions that were constructed and run by these monks soldiers. The Renaissance was a prosperous time for the zone and shows of it are the imposing small palaces that are conserved in several of their localities. Century XIX was noticeable among others things by the Carlistas Wars, where Elizabethan and Liberal the power and the crown fought by. The Maestrazgo was a key location where several fights took to end. It was chosen by Ram³n Cabrera, the Tiger of the Maestrazgo, to install his headquarters and to where very same General Espartero moved to fight against the enemy.
4. GASTRONOMY: A great variety of agro-alimentary products of very good quality is hoping to you in the Maestrazgo. Here some of the dryers are located that produce ham O.J. Teruel, makes the famous Cheese of Tronch³n, or named in the Quijote, and rich delicacies as honey of rosemary, extra virgin olive oil take place or truffle among others. Thanks to the restorers of the zone, and through its Gastronomical Days, you can directly taste in the plate these rich local products. More info.
5. TRANQUILLITY: This turolense region has a population density of 2.5 inhabitants/km2. If you flee from agglomerations and amassed destinies but you do not want to resign to some beautiful vacation, this it is your place. You will enjoy establishments and services of quality without tails, delays and oppression. Silence will be your fellow traveller. You will be able to practice slow-driving and to enjoy panoramic highways that will practically be for you.
More reasons exist many reason why the Maestrazgo deserves a visit (cultural traditions, activities, active tourism, centers of leisure¦) but we do not want to tell everything to you, it is better than you come and you discover it. If you come, you will remain with desire to return, engaged.